The 5 Best Shoes for Mail Carriers in 2020
No mail carrier wants to flaunt the postal service creed that says: “neither snow nor rain nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.”
Postal mail carriers are crucial to the smooth running of modern society, and they deserve the best footwear possible to help them complete their shift without a break occasioned by stress on their feet.
So, you are a mailman and curious if wearing the wrong postal shoe will affect your performance?
The right shoe, on the other hand, will help you stay comfortable, stable, and agile.
We have spent quality time researching the features that make the 5 best shoes for mail carriers stand out.
This research has shown what makes them a favorite among the many shoes designed for postal workers.
Who wears the crown among the best postal shoes in the market?
Let’s find out below!
Best Shoes for Mail Carriers 2020
|New Balance Men's Walking Shoe||Check Price||Leather and Synthetic||Rubber|
|Reebok Work Men's Postal Express CP8500 Work Boot||Check Price||Leather||Synthetic|
|Rocky Tmc Postal-Approved Plain Toe Oxford Shoe||Check Price||Leather||Synthetic|
|Rocky Tmc Postal-Approved Duty Boots||Check Price||Leather||Synthetic|
|Reebok Postal TCT Shoe||Check Price||Leather||Rubber|
1. New Balance Men’s Walking Shoe
Knowing that mail carriers spend a lot of time on their feet moving from place to place, New Balance Men’s walking shoe comes in handy, considering that it has all the features that you need to stay comfortable all day long.
Thanks to the polyurethane or C-CAP midsole, you will find bliss in the lightweight cushioning and durable materials it is made from. This pair also offers an ABZORB cushioning in the midsole to keep moisture away.
Using an open-cell foam that conforms to your foot shape and dissipates pressure with a 13 mm drop makes it perfect for people who walk around a lot.
A breathable leather upper, high-quality foam insert, and rubber sole provide the necessary comfort and support required.
- Breathable leather upper makes it comfortable to walk around in
- Wide toe box keeps the toes comfortable
- The polyurethane midsole has adequate cushioning to aid shock absorption
- The break-in period is short
- It is U.S postal service-approved
- It is oil- and slip-resistant
- Incomplete and misaligned holes in the top lace holes
- The sizes run small
New Balance Men’s Walking Shoe made it into the list of the best shoes for postal workers because of its quality, comfort, and dependability.Check Latest Price
2. Reebok Work Men’s Postal Express CP8500 Work Boot
Since 2005, Reebok has become a formidable force in the sports and fitness footwear industry. It is thus not a surprise that they have a product for mail carriers too.
This postal shoe from Reebok is built to help you stay agile on your feet all day thanks to its excellent shock absorption capabilities and superb cushioning features.
The removable PI-1000 cushion insert, shock-eliminator heel cushion, will keep you comfortable while walking.
Your feet are safe from external elements with the high-top design, while the MIL- 22 moisture-wicking linings will help to keep them dry and free from bad odor.
- It is a security-friendly pair of shoes
- It is USPS-certified
- The soft toe feature makes it light and flexible
- The outsole is oil/abrasion/chemicals/slip-resistant
- It does not have a break-in time
- They can easily fit true to size with the lace-up frontal
- The maxum-Lite PU outsole is durable, yet, light on the feet
- High-top design offers ankle support and protection from stress
- It is available in different sizes to fit every foot type
- As you move around on pavements, concrete, wet, snowy, and oily terrain daily, it will offer your feet the protection you need to stay on the job.
The style and comfort that Reebok Work Men’s Postal Express CP8500 Work Boot offer makes it highly recommended as one of the best shoes for mail carriers.Check Latest Price
3. Rocky Tmc Postal-Approved Plain Toe Oxford Shoe
This plain toe oxford shoe from Rocky is ideal for any mail carrier who wants a shoe that will allow him to go about his duties without any form of discomfort.
The sleek and straightforward design speaks practicality and quality.
Featuring a full-grain water-resistant leather and non-metallic stabilizer, your feet will receive the needed support and protection required in this high-intensity job.
With the oil- and slip-resistance TMC direct-attach TPU/PU outsole offering stability and flexibility, you need not worry about slipping or falling, no matter how wide your stride is.
Your feet will enjoy contoured comfort owing to the exclusive Rocky Air-Port cushion footbed in it, especially when walking on pavement or concrete.
- A lightweight polyurethane material to promote flexibility in movement
- Presence of Aegis Microbe Shield for unmatched durability
- Possesses the SR USA postal approval
- 100% leather quality makes it easy to polish
- The sizes fit well, but you can get a snug fit by putting on thick socks
- It has a fast break-in period
- Air-port cushioning footbed makes it comfortable to stand in for long without having back pains
- Functional lining that wicks moisture away, keeping your feet dry all-day
- It has a clunky feel
- It is expensive
With the 1.5″ heel, 1.0″ platform and 4″ height, it is easy to pair with any work pant, and thus maintain a professional look at work.
Wearing Rocky Tmc Postal-Approved Plain Toe Oxford Shoe will save you the stress of managing aching feet, back muscle pain, or sore leg after spending the whole day on your feet.Check Latest Price
4. Rocky Tmc Postal-Approved Duty Boots
This pair of comfortable shoes from Rocky will give you optimal support and protect your feet from swelling as you walk or stand on your feet.
Rocky Tmc Postal-Approved Duty Boots is a berry-compliant pair of shoes that gives you the comfort you need to focus on completing your task at work.
This is possible thanks to the non-metallic stabilizer that provides the support to stay steady and balanced in uneven terrains.
You need not worry about your feet getting wet when you wade through water considering the 5″ water-resistant full-grain black leather shoe.
- Use of a TMC direct attach TPU/PU outsole for optimal flexibility and stability
- The slip- and oil-resistant outsole guarantees protection from falls
- The non-metallic stabilizer allows you to pass through metal detectors or scanners without delay
- Presence of Aegis Microbe shield in the footbed to prevent bacterial build-up
- Use of Rocky Air-port cushioned footbed to cradle your feet
- Exceptional quality at an affordable price
- It is SR/USA approved
- Lack of a removable insole
- Low-quality outsole
- Size runs small
Investing in a pair of Rocky Tmc Postal-Approved Duty Boots will help you to sustain your agility and balanced strides, as well as help to preserve your feet given the comfortable ankle support it provides.
This pair will serve you well as the perfect dress shoe for moments when you need to be formal in your outlook.Check Latest Price
5. Reebok Postal TCT Shoe
Are you in need of a classic postal-approved shoe with a soft toe that will see you through a long day at work?
The Reebok Postal TCT Shoe qualifies for that position!
The uniqueness of this shoe is seen in the waterproof seam-sealed system, which will keep your feet dry and free from irritation during runs in wet weather conditions.
Using durable leather for the upper during construction makes it long-lasting, no matter the number of hours spent on the job.
The dual-density polyurethane outsole, removable PI-1000 Cushion Insert with Shock Eliminator Heel cushion promotes comfort, stability, and balance when moving around to deliver your packages.
- Presence of a moisture-wicking lining removes sweat, keeping your feet dry and cool
- 100% non-metallic feature makes it the footwear of choice when going to places where there are metal detectors
- Total Cushioning Technology and toe-stitching features aid flexibility and help reduce the impact of shock from external forces
- Removable insoles will allow you to add custom orthotics for a snug and comfortable fit
- The rubber outsole is oil- and slip-resistant
- It does not have a break-in period
- It is USPS-certified and security-friendly
- The seams come apart within a few months of use when compared to other alternatives
Reebok Postal TCT Shoe is a durable and well-constructed pair with a lot of wriggling room for your toes, making it ideal for mail carriers.
This brand will save you the expenses of spending money replacing your shoes all the time, and you can use it as an outdoor shoe also.Check Latest Price
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why should postal or mailman shoes be specially designed for the job?
A: These are work shoes that can withstand all weather conditions and keep your feet safe in a work-related accident scenario.
You can easily identify them with the SR/USA green tag printed on them.
A postal man shoe is black and must be well-polish to meet the approval standard of the postal service.
It is part of the mail carrier dress code, and you must be compliant at all times.
Q: Why do you need mail carrier shoes?
A: Working as a mail carrier requires spending long hours standing on your feet and lots of walking around. As such, you need to put on proper footwear.
Postal-approved footwear has all the features to help you enjoy your job without experiencing swollen feet, back pain, and a host of other foot-induced conditions.
You need to always shop for brands that have envisioned your needs or challenges and made adequate preparation to solve or meet them so that your job will not suffer a setback due to feet-related stress issues.
Q: How do you identify an approved mail-carrier shoe?
A: A postal shoe is approved by a certifying body before getting the ‘green tag‘ and then introduced to the market for postal workers.
Q: What qualifies them for the green tag?
A: The mail carrier shoe should be made from water-resistant black leather uppers, and should be slip-resistant, oil-resistant, and possess a waterproof lining.
The green tag will have ‘SR/USA’ written on it.
Most of the best shoes for mail carriers approved by the regulatory body gets reevaluated every three years to ensure they are maintaining industry standards.
Q: How do you ensure you wear approved shoes designed for mail carriers?
A: You have to bear in mind that wearing the wrong shoe as a postal worker will eventually take its toll on your body.
Therefore, ensure you buy shoes that are of good quality and safe for the health of your foot.
When choosing the best mailman shoes, let the materials used, design, and comfortability level be your major determinants.
Never compromise on price and quality!
Although challenging, getting only quality shoes is as crucial as getting the right size and fitting since you will be moving a lot on concrete and paved surfaces, which will take its toll on your shoes.
Q: How do you maintain your mail carrier shoes?
A: First and foremost, buy and wear the right size!
Wear a pair of socks with your shoes to keep them in a dry condition always. Wet feet open opportunities for bacteria to breed and will also cause bad smells. Both unwanted cases damage shoes fast and are harmful to your feet as well.
Thus, do the following;
- Take it out to dry after work to eliminate bad smells
- Use a dry cloth to wipe clean if you step in water or covered in debris, dirt, or mud
It is essential to have more than a pair to interchange with. Doing so will enhance durability.
Q: Where can you buy mail carrier shoes?
A: You can purchase your mail carrier-approved shoes from any online or offline stores that have any of the brands highlighted in this article.
What you need to do is ensure they have the features you require as a postal worker and also check reviews from users before making your pick.
As a mail carrier, your comfort and safety are important considerations for you to be able to fulfill your role when delivering letters, parcels, or packages.
With this in mind, you will have to wear a pair of shoes that can offer you all the features, as mentioned earlier, and much more.
New Balance, Reebok, and Rocky have got your back when it comes to the best shoes for mail carriers, shoes that give you the ankle and arch support needed while moving around. Here you find more arch support work boots.
No matter the topography of your work area, there is a pair or two among the shoes for mail carriers that will serve you well.
Worry no more about ending the day’s work with pains slowing down your pace because you are putting on the wrong pair of shoes to work.
From now on, you won’t get into trouble with your supervisor for wearing unapproved footwear to work.